The India Open Data Association (IODA), is a platform which promotes and supports different open data initiatives in India. It’s an association of various Indian companies, enthusiasts, research institutes and academic departments, all with a keen interest in putting open data into mainstream. It follows the principle of:
IODA has been designed with the principle aim of collecting data and making it publicly available in an easy-to-use and understandable format. Visualization is the key for us. Only then “data” can generate public awareness and trigger action to solve the problems which are of deep public interest. Open data initiatives in India have remained more or less confined towards presenting the collected information in a raw format. The key essence that has been missing so far is to create individual and collective knowledge out of this data which can then ultimately promote a sound action within the society.
The objectives of IODA are:
- Create an online platform for showcasing the idea of open data and open data projects to the public.
- Provide an online space for different open data enthusiasts to come together and engage in open data initiatives.
- Connect different open data organizations and empower them to collectively design and implement open data projects which have a meaningful impact on society.
- Showcase information in an easy-to-understand visualized format.
- Provide a forum for a healthy discussion on various open data initiatives and its related topics.
- Shape the open data market in India.
- Create a healthy network.
- Create noise within the society through the information that can ultimately translate into a sound collective community action.
The association believes that the problems of the society and their solutions can be deeply understood from the society itself. Air-pollution is one such issue, which the association is currently focusing on. Any new initiative of open-data which you feel the association should pursue in the future is deeply welcomed. Kindly fill in the details here so that we can understand your vision and connect with you regarding it.
To know more about IODA, please visit our wikipage.
All our content and all our data is shared under a Creative Commons licence. For the Delhi/NR environment data packages we have chosen the Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0) licence.